CGF’s Creative Officer will work to create a press kit, videos about CGF’s work and borrowers, graphics that explain our business model and other important needs, and training materials for clients.
He or she will be tasked with telling CGF’s story through print, video, photo and web, and will work closely with the ED and Director of Operations to determine how best to frame the story and get the message out to the media, potential funders and the community. They will also be tasked with building a lasting brand for CGF. This VISTA’s work will dramatically increase CGF’s fundraising ability and visibility in the community.
- Handle all CGF-related graphic design work, including flyers, posters & Powerpoint presentations
- Manage CGF’s social media strategy and presence
- Interview clients and tell their story
- Provide low-cost graphic and web-design services to CGF borrowers
- Maintain the CGF website
- Design the business and Financial Coaching manuals
The Special Projects Coordinator for the Capital Good Fund MUST have a background in visual arts (photography, graphic design or web design) and:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Possess excellent skills in the Adobe creative suite, or a similar set of programs for graphic design, photo & video editing and/or web design.
- Be proficient in the use of a dSLR digital camera
- Be a strong communicator of ideas through the visual arts
- Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds
- Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly.
- Be passionate about ending poverty, eager to work hard and change lives, etc.
- Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
- Expansive knowledge of computer science, databases and coding
(Note: CGF provides training to new hires)
The Creative Officer’s goal is to help CGF spread the word about its products and services to potential funders, community partners, supporters and clients. This will be accomplished via social media, photography, video and outreach to media outlets. Also, he or she will provide low-cost graphic and web-design services to low-income Rhode Islanders.
Training, and compensation.
The Creative Officer will receive extensive training on all of CGF’s systems and loans. He or she will work closely with the Executive Director to design, develop and refine various posters, flyers, presentations, etc.
CGF provides all employees with a cell phone, bus pass, and, if needed, a subsidy towards the purchase of a laptop or iPad. This position is through Americorps VISTA. Please visit the Corporation for National Service’s website for more information on the VISTA program, compensation, benefits, etc.
If interested, please email your resume to Kate Lyons, Director of Operations, at Kate@CapitalGoodFund.org