Social change work is hard and frustrating and wonderful and terrible; it is also, at times, funny, quirky and just plain fascinating. With this blog we hope to capture all that goes into what we do at Capital Good Fund, and we invite you to join the conversation!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Introducing The Nonprofit Life

I've been writing this blog for quite a while, and I am proud of both the content and the readership I've cultivated over the years.  But, let's face it, to date my writings have tended toward the academic ..nothing wrong with that, it's just that they aren't the kind of thing one looks forward to reading on a daily basis.

Now it's time to make a shift, one that I'm making for several reasons.  First, we have a new Marketing Officer, Ashley Lynch, who is a bit of a social media guru; she is going to help us grow our audience and our reach.  Second, so much of what goes on at Capital Good Fund on a daily basis is funny, sad, joyous, confusing, agonizing...sharing these stories is bound to draw people in and capture their attention.  And finally, the more I can tell the story of what we do through the eyes of myself and my staff, our clients and our funders, the more I can inspire people to laugh and cry and learn and take action, the easier it will be to further our mission of tackling poverty in America.


Most of the posts will be written from my perspective and in my voice, however I will have "guest posts" on a regular basis--stories written by my staff and volunteers, board members, donors, etc.  And yes, I will still write essays about weightier topics...but not every day!

I really want this to become a hub for reading about the nonprofit life, in all its splendor and ugliness. There are blogs out there that reach tens of thousands, and even hundreds of thousands, of people. They become communities through which writers and readers connect, comment and share.  How amazing will it be when our little blog grows to that scale?  And how critical will that growth be to the growth of our organization as a whole?

Let's get the party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment